The European Mathematical Society
|Home||About Us||Members||Activities||Book Donation||ERCE||Reports|
Report by Marie-Francoise Roy (April 2013)
- I am CIMPA scientific officer for subsaharian Africa jointly with Giulia Di Nunno. See here and more specifically here.
CIMPA considers subsaharian Africa as a priority zone for its activities. A CIMPA Africa team meets by telephone about three times a year and discuss activities past and future.
Main CIMPA activities in subsaharian Africa are
- 3 to 4 research schools per year
- African Mathematical Schools organized jointly with AMU
- women in mathematics workshop, jointly with AMU (the first one in Ouagadougou in 2012, the second one in AIMS South Africa in 2013)
- support to various training activities in mathematical research
- I am the CIMPA representative inside a club of french universities and research institutions acting for mathematics in subsaharian Africa, SARIMA
- I am together with Jean Laurent in charge of the Ibni Prize.
- I have been involved in the launching of the Simons Foundation Africa Mathematics project. Out of over 30 proposals, 3 are finally funded by the Simons Foundation. They will start in may 2013 for a first period of 5 years, that can be renewed. I have accepted to be the facilitator of two of these projects.
URL of this website: http://ems-cdc.org
Last modified: 20 August 2014