The European Mathematical Society
Report of activities in 2010-2011 by Michel Waldschmidt
Between the meeting in Budapest in April 2010 and the meeting in Madrid in April 2011, my main activities related with EMS-CDC have been the following ones.
First of all, I have renovated and maintained the web site of the European Mathematical Society - Committee for the Developing Countries
There is a subsection on the page
to individual reports, which have a dedicated folder
So far, there is only one item, where this report is available. I invite all members of this committee to send me material for this website. Please, send me your own report, if possible in .html format, and I will include it.
Next, I had a number of visits in developping countries, some of them gave rise to reports which are posted on my web site
Coopération Internationale - International Cooperation http://www.math.jussieu.fr/~miw/cooperations.html
A number of my visits abroad were done under the auspices of CIMPA, of which I am Regional Scientific Officer - see the rubric dedicated to the Indian and Western Asia activities
- In July 2010, I participated to a CIMPA Research school on number theory in cryptography and its applications in Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Népal.
- In August 2010, I participated to the International Congress of Mathematicians ICM 2010, Hyderabad, India. On August 25 I participated to a meeting: Mechanisms for strengthening mathematics in developing countries where I gave a presentation of the CIMPA (Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées) and of the Committee for the Developing Countries (CDC) of the European Mathematical Society (EMS)
- In September 2010 I participated to a CIMPA Research School on Commutative Algebra and Applications to Combinatorics and Algebraic Geometry in Istanbul, Turkey.
- In September-October 2010, I visited Vietnam for a few days and I gave a 4 weeks course in the Royal University of Phnom Penh (URPP - Université Royale de Phnom Penh), Cambodia.
- In November 2010 I participated to the CIMPA Research School : Théorie des Nombres et Algorithmique in Bamako, Mali.
- In December 2010 I participated to the International Conference on Revitalizing Research in Kurdistan in Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
- In July 2011, participation to a CIMPA Research School Systèmes Dynamiques dans des Variétés et Applications in Kinshasa, République Démocratique du Congo (RDC)
- In September 2011: course on Number Theory in Central Department of Mathematics, Tribhuvan University TU, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- In October 2011: course on finite fields in the Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences (ASSMS), Lahore, Pakistan and workshop on Number Theory and Allied Areas in Mathematics in Skardu (Pakistan), organized by ASSMS. The Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences is the first selected Emerging Regional Centres of Excellence (ERCE) of EMS.
URL of this website: http://ems-cdc.org
URL of this page: http://ems-cdc.org/IndividualReports/miw2011.html
Last modified: February 27, 2012