The Committee is in charge of offering financial support to young researchers and organisers of events from institutions with a shortage of resources for mathematical research, among other funding initiatives.
The EMS Committee for European Solidarity will undertake actions to foster the development of mathematics in economically less-favoured regions within the geographical area of EMS membership and through the following means:
- Awarding travel grants to young qualified mathematicians.
- Promoting and funding training activities, such as advanced courses or workshops at an early-career level.
- Supporting bilateral and multilateral regional conferences.
- Raising new scientific initiatives.
- Offering advice and assistance about the launching of development projects.
- Easing access to research resources, including digital libraries.
Researchers can apply online for travel grants of the Solidarity Committee.
The deadlines for applications are March 31 and September 30 and the decision will be communicated during April and October.