6th IMA Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimization
The IMA and the University of Birmingham are pleased to announce the Sixth IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimization. The meeting is organised in cooperation with SIAM, whose members will receive the IMA members' registration rate.
The success of modern codes for large-scale optimization is heavily dependent on the use of effective tools of numerical linear algebra. On the other hand, many problems in numerical linear algebra lead to linear, nonlinear or semidefinite optimization problems. The purpose of the conference is to bring together researchers from both communities and to find and communicate points and topics of common interest.
Conference topics include any subject that could be of interest to both communities, such as:
- Direct and iterative methods for large sparse linear systems.
- Eigenvalue computation and optimization.
- Large-scale nonlinear and semidefinite programming.
- Effect of round-off errors, stopping criteria, embedded iterative procedures.
- Optimization issues for matrix polynomials
- Fast matrix computations.
- Compressed/sparse sensing
- PDE-constrained optimization
- Distributed computing and optimization
- Applications and real time optimization