PhD Position in Bielefeld
Applications invited for a part-time
as soon as possible at the new Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) 1283 “Taming uncertainty and profiting from randomness and low regularity in analysis, stochastics and their applications”
(E13 TV-L) (non-permanent position)
The successful candidate will participate in the CRC project C1 “Ancestral lines in population models with interaction” (further information is available at https://www.sfb1283.uni-bielefeld.de).
- Produce novel research in the areas specified in the project C1 “Ancestral lines in population models with interaction” in particular on stochastic genealogical processes under various combinations of genetic processes such as mutation, differential reproduction, and selective interaction between individuals (approx. 85% of responsibilities)
- Participate in joint research projects and discussions in the C1 project, and contribute to events such as project-oriented workshops (approx. 5%)
- Contribute to the main topics of discussion and research in the CRC (approx. 5%)
- Assist in planning and organizing CRC events (approx. 5%)
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Master or Diploma degree in Mathematics, Biomathematics, or Mathematical Statistical Physics
- Solid knowledge of probability theory
- Ability to communicate and to work in a team
- Good knowledge of English
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States (TV-L). As stipulated in § 2 (1) paragraph 1 of the WissZeitVG (fixed-term employment), the contract will end after 3 years. If the project is successful, the project may be extended. In accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases. The successful candidate is encouraged to participate in postgraduate training. The position is advertised as a 75% part-time employment. In individual cases, this percentage may be reduced on request, as long as this does not conflict with official requirements.
Bielefeld University is particularly committed to the career development of its employees. It offers attractive internal and external postgraduate training. Employees have the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention programs. Bielefeld University aims at a good work-family balance.
Your application should be received via email (a single PDF document sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 19th of July 2017. Please mark your application with the identification code wiss17129. In addition to the usual documents we request a letter of motivation. Please do not use folders and send only photocopies of original documents because all application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection procedure.
Further information about Bielefeld University can be found on our homepage at www.uni-bielefeld.de.
Frau Prof. Dr. Ellen Baake
P.O. Box: 10 01 31
33501 Bielefeld Germany
Prof. Dr. Ellen Baake
+49 (0)521 106-4896
Bielefeld University has received a number of awards for its achievements in the provision of equal opportunities and has been recognized as a family friendly university. The University welcomes female applicants. This is particularly true with regard both to academic and technical posts as well as positions in Information Technology and Trades and Craft. Applications are handled according to the provisions of the state equal opportunity statutes.
Applications from suitably qualified handicapped and severely handicapped persons are explicitly encouraged.