Ph.D. students in Mathematics
At the division of Mathematics, there are lively research groups in a number of areas, for example Algebra and geometry, Combinatorics, Complex analysis, Differential geometry and general relativity, Dynamical systems, Harmonic analysis, Mathematical physics, Number theory, Numerical analysis, Partial differential equations, and Spectral theory. More information can be found at www.math.kth.se. At the moment, there are about 20 graduate students at the division.
The Ph.D. student positions primarily involve graduate level studies with the goal of a doctoral degree. Also some departmental duties are included, mainly teaching basic level courses. General information on doctoral studies at KTH can be found at www.kth.se/en/studies/phd , information about the graduate program in mathematics can be found at https://www.kth.se/en/sci/institutioner/math/utb/doktorsprogram.
Announced are Ph.D. positions with the following specializations. For further details, please contact the corresponding advisor.
* Analytic number theory and additive combinatorics (advisor: Lilian Matthiesen, email@example.com, http://www.lilianmatthiesen.com/)
* Number theory with connections to dynamics and quantum chaos (advisor: Pär Kurlberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://people.kth.se/~kurlberg)
* Differential geometric problems inspired by general relativity (advisor: Mattias Dahl, email@example.com, https://www.kth.se/profile/dahl)
* Analysis and probability theory (advisor: Fredrik Viklund, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://people.kth.se/~frejo/)
* Complex analysis, kernels, conformal mapping, random models (advisor: Håkan Hedenmalm, email@example.com, https://people.kth.se/~haakanh/)
* Random matrices, stochastic models and analysis (Advisor: Kurt Johansson, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://people.kth.se/~duits/RMSMA/)
* Random matrices, stochastic models and analysis (Advisor: Kevin Schnelli, email@example.com, https://people.kth.se/~duits/RMSMA/)
Announced are also Ph.D. positions with no particular specialization. To apply for those, contact the head of the Ph.D. program Mattias Dahl before sending in your application.
The employment is for a maximum of five years. Up to 20% departmental duties are included in the employment.