Postdoctoral and PhD Positions in the Max Planck Research Group ‘Rigidity and Flexibility in PDEs’
We are seeking
- two postdoctoral researchers, initially for two years with the option of an extension to a third year (the payment is based on the Collective Wage Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD) corresponding to 100 percent of Pay Group 13); the positions do not carry teaching duties, but offer the possibility of teaching an advanced course in our international graduate school if desired,
- one PhD student for three years (the payment is based on the Collective Wage Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD) corresponding to 50 percent of Pay Group 13),
to join the new Max Planck Research Group ‘Rigidity and Flexibility in PDEs’ at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences in Leipzig (https://www.mis.mpg.de/).
The main focus of the research group will be on different types of rigidity and flexibility properties in PDEs including:
- nonlocal PDEs with an emphasis on unique continuation problems, regularity theory and applications to inverse and control problems,
- elliptic and parabolic free boundary problems of obstacle type,
- non-convex problems in the calculus of variations and in elasticity, in particular motivated by problems arising in the modelling of shape-memory alloys.
The earliest possible starting date for the positions is January 2018 (but is flexible else). Please upload your application documents (for the postdoc positions: CV, list of publications, transcript of your PhD certificate, research statement, and names and contact data of three referees willing to write a letter of recommendation, and for the PhD position: CV, transcripts, copy of master thesis, two letters of recommendation by academic teachers) at https://www.mis.mpg.de/career/postdoc.html or respectively at https://www.imprs-mis.mpg.de/positions.html by 01.12.2017 (we will however consider applications until the posts are filled).
Please address inquiries to Dr. Angkana Rüland (firstname.lastname@example.org).