Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Computational Geometry for Textile Design & Manufacturing)
We are looking for a postdoctoral research fellow who has experience with developing and implementing computational algorithms for geometry processing.
He or she will be involved in the interdisciplinary development of an enhanced computational design, optimization, and fabrication framework for functional textiles. The objective is to develop and implement novel computational algorithms for the physical realization of complex three dimensional (3D) technical textile designs using state-of-the-art CNC knitting technology.
The position requires expertise in computational geometry and software development. The candidate must be passionate about interdisciplinary, cutting-edge research and have good communicative skills.
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Structural or Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, or related areas.
- Expertise in computational geometry and computer graphics.
- Previous experience in developing surface re-parameterization and flattening methods is a strong plus.
- Previous experience with textiles and CNC-knitting is a strong plus.
- Experience with CAD, FEA and CAM software.
- Strong programming skills in C++, MATLAB or similar.
- A strong publication record with at least one first author paper in top-tier journals or conferences of the relevant fields.
About SUTD and DManD Centre:
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) has established the SUTD Digital Manufacturing and Design (DManD) Centre, through the support of the National Research Foundation (NRF). DManD has an ambitious long term vision to create the frontiers of digital design and manufacturing by bringing together new ideas and methods in computational and engineering sciences, industrial and manufacturing engineering, technology-intensive design, architecture, and the humanities, arts, and social sciences in a way that facilitates the rapid transition of ideas to things.
Further information and contact:
Duration is 2 years and can be extended. Salary will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s accomplishments, experience and qualifications. Singapore has a low income tax of around 7% (IRAS).
For inquiries please contact and submit your application to Sawako Kaijima (email@example.com) or Sai-Kit Yeung (firstname.lastname@example.org) and specify your availability and salary expectation.