Postdoctoral research positions in all areas of mathematics
The job involves:
- joining one of our research groups within the department or the Labs (see below) in performing high-quality research;
- preparing own or co-authored research papers for publication in international peer-reviewed journals;
- some teaching as well as public presentations of candidate’s own research are encouraged;
- participation in organization of the events, in writing grant proposals and reports.
- a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in mathematics;
- fluent English.
Some international experience (accepted or published papers in international journals, study or work abroad, participation in scientific events outside of Russia) is an asset.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. The Faculty of Mathematics was opened in 2008. Since then, it has become a leading place in Russia for attracting researchers in Mathematics and mathematical students. We have Bachelors’, Masters’ and Ph.D. programs in Mathematics. The department collaborates with world renowned research institutes of the Russian Academy of Science:
- Steklov Mathematical Institute
- Kharkevich Institute for Information Transmission Problems
- Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Jointly with the Independent University of Moscow, the department publishes the Moscow Mathematical Journal and runs “Math in Moscow”, an international student exchange/internship program. The Faculty of Mathematics is now attracting the best Mathematics majors in Russia.
From THE REPORT OF THE INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD by P.Deligne, S.Fomin, A.Okounkov, T.Miwa, S.Smirnov (September 2013):
The Board is very much impressed by the current state of academic affairs at the Department. Within 5 years of its creation, the HSE has become the leading Russian institution of higher learning in pure mathematics.
Affiliated with the department of Mathematics are the following research units:
(Academic Supervisor – F. Bogomolov)
These Labs are participating in the Postdoctoral Fellowships call.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2015.