Research Assistant - Geometry/Robotics
Research within our project "RAM - Robots assembling models" which deals with the automated digital construction of parts and their assembly. The project is a cooperation between the Geometry group at TU Berlin and the Werk5 GmbH. The successfull applicant will work within a small team and research geometrical algorithms and develop a software library to generate the parts and procedures to assemble the parts with a 7-axis robot. The research at TU Berlin will be coordinated with the project partners at Werk5 GmbH, where the necessary experiments with a KUKA LBR iiwa 7 R800 will be performed.
The tasks will include:
- research and development of geometrical algorithms
- development and implementation of a software library
- coordination of the project between TU Berlin and Werk5 GmbH
- successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) n mathematics, computer science, or a related natural science
- experience in an object oriented programming language, preferably Java or C++ is mandatory
- ability to work and communicate in an interdisciplinary team with scientists at the university and industry partners is required
- experience in motion planning for robots is a plus
- experience in development and implementation of geometric algorithm (computational geometry) would be great
- good English language skills are desired
More information can be obtained from Dr. Thilo Rörig (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to apply:
Please send your written application with the reference number:II-237/18 and the usual documents to Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident - Fakultät II, Institut für Mathematik, Prof. Dr. Bobenko, Sekr. MA 8-3, Straße des 17. Juni 136, 10623 Berlin or by e-mail to email@example.com.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired.
Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Please send copies only. Original documents will not be returned.