Ten PhD Positions at the Department of Mathematics, University of Trento, Italy
The Department of Mathematics of the University of Trento (henceforth referred to as “the Department”) has just been awarded a very competitive grant (success rate 20%) of over 6.5 million euro from the Italian Government within the framework of the Dipartimenti di Eccellenza scheme.
The Department runs a joint PhD programme together with the Department of Computer Science of the University of Verona. Part of the above funds are dedicated to three-year PhD fellowships, earmarked for the following research topics:
- Calculus of variations and geometric measure theory in metric measure spaces
- Mean field games and applications
- Multilinear algebra for tensor decomposition
- Robust Statistics
- Statistical Data: (Local) Depth for high dimension, functional and networks data
- Mathematical modeling of arterial hypertension
- Mathematical Physics of Quantum Teories
- Algebraic Geometry and Topological Data Analysis (2 fellowships)
- Geometric Analysis
Each fellowship is worth 22 800 EUR gross per year. No income tax is due on this amount. Up to 11.41% is due for medical insurance.
Applications should be submitted exclusively through the web page
The deadline for application is 16 May 2018 16:00 CEST.
For information, please write to the Head of the PhD School, Prof. Valter Moretti firstname.lastname@example.org