Call for nominations for the ICIAM Prizes 2019
The ICIAM Prize Committee for 2019 calls for nominations for the five ICIAM Prizes to be awarded in 2019 (the Collatz Prize, the Lagrange Prize, the Maxwell Prize, the Pioneer Prize and the Su Buchin Prize). ICIAM (the International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) is the world organization for applied and industrial mathematics.
The deadline for nominations is July 15th, 2017. Nominations should be made electronically through the website https://iciamprizes.org/
Description of ICIAM Prizes:
- ICIAM Collatz Prize, established to provide international recognition to individual scientists under 42 years of age for outstanding work on industrial and applied mathematics.
- ICIAM Lagrange Prize, established to provide international recognition to individual mathematicians who have made an exceptional contribution to applied mathematics throughout their careers.
- ICIAM Maxwell Prize, established to provide international recognition to a mathematician who has demonstrated originality in applied mathematics.
- ICIAM Pioneer Prize, for pioneering work introducing applied mathematical methods and scientific computing techniques to an industrial problem area or a new scientific field of applications.
- ICIAM Su Buchin Prize, established in 2003 to provide international recognition of an outstanding contribution by an individual in the application of mathematics to emerging economies and human development, in particular at the economic and cultural level in developing countries. This includes efforts to improve mathematical research and teaching in those countries.
See instructions in http://www.iciam.org/iciam-prizes
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the nomination procedure.