Prizes awarded at ICM2018
At the opening event of the 2018 International Congress of Mathematics in Rio, there have been awarded the following prizes:
- Fields medals to:
- Caucher Birkar, Cambridge University (UK),
- Alessio Figalli, ETH-Zurich (Switzerland), 2012 EMS Prize,
- Peter Scholze, Bonn University (Germany), 2016 EMS Prize,
- Akshay Venkatesh, Stanford University (US).
- Nevanlinna award to Constantinos Daskalakis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (US).
- Gauss prize to David Donoho, Stanford University (US).
- Chern medal to Masaki Kashiwara, Kyoto University (Japan).
- Leelavati prize to Ali Nesin, İstanbul Bilgi Üniversitesi (Turkey).