Application are invited for several postdoc positions in Doppler Institute for mathematical physics and applied mathematics for research work
in the intentions of the DI research programme. The said positions focus on
• Quantum walks and their applications in information handling
• Open quantum system dynamics, iterated quantum maps with applications to percolations in higher dimensions
• Spectral properties of quantum waveguides and layers
• Soft and generalized quantum graphs
• Algorithms in classical and quantum optics
being supervised by Professors Igor Jex, Pavel Exner, and Goce Chadzitaskos.
The advertized positions are supported by the EU Operational Programme “Education for Competitiveness” and the successful applicants will be employed by the FNSPE branch in Decın, working in close collaboration with their mentors and other DI members based in Prague and Rez. The positions are for a period up to three years; the proposed salaries are highly competitive on the EU-12 scale.
Candidates are supposed to have
• a PhD degree in mathematics or physics not older than three years
• a good command of the English language
• publications in internationally recognized journals
Applications have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and simultaneously snail-mailed to the Scientific director, Doppler Institute, Brehova 7, 11519 Prague, Czechia. They should contain
• a one-page cv together with a motivation letter (up to 2000 characters), both in English
• a supervisor recommendation including his/her contact data; it is possible to add other recommendations
• demonstration of the knowledge of English, either by a certificate (CAE, TOEFL or equivalent) or by providing a thesis written in English
The applicants are encouraged to submit their papers before December 20, 2012; later applications will be considered only if some of the positions remains unfilled. The actual start of each position will be negotiated individually; the default is January 2, 2011.