· You contribute to the development of high quality mathematics education at the University of Antwerp;
· You will be assigned following lecturing duties courses in analysis within the Bachelor-Master curriculum of the department of mathematics as well as service courses in analysis to other departments of the faculty of sciences;
· You will expand the scientific research in the area of analysis;
· You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international);
· You will offer scientific services: You participate in the general academic duties at the level of the department and the University of Antwerp.
Profile and requirements
· You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in mathematics;
· You are an expert in mathematical analysis and play a bridging role between pure and applied research within the department as well as with other research groups within the faculty of sciences;
· You help to expand the topic of differential equations within the departmental curriculum;
· The focus in your teaching corresponds to the UA educational vision;
· Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy ( http://www.ua.ac.be/research );
· You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them);
· You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative;
· You engage yourself to teach in Dutch within two years at the latest.