Institute for Mathematics and Scientific Computing is filling an
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; Envisaged Job Starting Date 01 October 2013 )
• Applied Mathematics with focus on Partial Differential Equations
• Teaching and supervision of students
• Assistance with organisatorial and administrative tasks
• Finished PhD in mathematics
• Advanced expertise in the analysis of PDEs
• Expertise in modelling with and numerics of PDEs (desirable)
• Very good command of English
• High personal motivation towards scientific excellence
• Strong interest in applicational background like life-sciences/physics
• Independent working style
• Ability to work in a team and social competence
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3411.70 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: 03. Juli 2013
Reference Number: MB/105/99 ex 2012/13
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV, photo and relevant letters of recommendation to:
For further information please contact Prof. Fellner under 43 (0) 316 / 380 - 5180.