Tenure-Track position - Department of Mathematics - Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
The Department of Mathematics welcomes applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level from march 2014 on. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in mathematics or related areas, good research credentials and a strong commitment to teaching. The regular teaching load consists of eight hours per week distributed among basic courses (for example linear algebra, calculus) and courses related to the mathematical curriculum, at undergraduate and graduate level. After one year, the candidate will have light administrative and teaching duties. PUC-RIO provides excellent working conditions: a well located and pleasant campus, good students, research grants, a solid retirement plan, health insurance, and salary increments related to age and performance. The monthly salary for the Assistant Professor, level I, as of 2014, is R$8743.65 (approximately US$ 4000), 13 salaries per year. More experienced candidates will be considered for a higher level position. The contract will follow the University rules and will be subjected to the evaluation of the Math Department Career Commission. According to these regulations, the professor will have a trial period of at most three years.
1) Ph.D in mathematics (Ph.D in similar fields can be, eventually, considered).
2) Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Mathematics.
3) Ability to supervise undergraduate and graduate students in Mathematics.
4) Research production of international level, in a quantity compatible with the date of the candidate’s Ph.D.
Documentation for the application:
1) Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
2) Short research plan.
3) At least two recommendation letters, sent directly by the candidate’s references, to firstname.lastname@example.org until October 21st, 2013.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com until October 21st, 2013.
For more information go to www.mat.puc-rio.br.