Faculty Positions available at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), a government-funded university in Gwangju, Republic of Korea.
GIST seeks candidates whose interest lies in the fields listed below:
-School : GIST College
-Opening Area: Mathematics (All areas in mathematics)
Computer Science (All areas in computer science and computer engineering)
-Requirement: Three representative publications (pdfs)
What is GIST?
GIST was established by the Korean Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in 1993.
As a research-oriented graduate & undergraduate school with superb laboratories, research centers and facilities, GIST allocates a minimum teaching load so that faculty members can devote themselves to research activities. GIST is proud of the following records:
- Nation's highest number of papers published in SCI journals during the recent 9 consecutive years.
- The 7th in the world in citations per faculty member (QS World University Rankings 2012)
In addition, most of the faculty members and students participate in the government-funded "Brain Korea 21" program.
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. degree in a pertinent field at the time of application and should be able to deliver their lectures in English.
- Qualified international or female scholars are encouraged to apply.
- Senior professors who has 10 year or more research/education experience are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
1. GIST offers an electronic version of its application forms in Microsoft Word format. Please download the application forms attached at the bottom of this page.
2. Three letters of recommendation only if the school requests.(to be mailed directly to the school from the recommenders.)
3. Applicants must upload all application materials at https://faculty.gist.ac.kr
4. Applications will be accepted until 5PM (Korean Time) on October 4, 2013.
For more information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.