According to the statutes, Corporate bodies with legal status may join the Society in one of the following categories:
- Full members (Class 1: 450€, class 2: 1350€, class 3: 2250€ and class 4: 3600€)
- Associate members 450€
- Academic institutional members 450€
- Other institutional members (i.e. commercial organizations, industrial laboratories) 1350€
Full membership is restricted to societies, or similar bodies, primarily devoted to promoting research in pure or applied mathematics within Europe. Associate membership is open to all societies in Europe having a significant interest in any aspect of mathematics. Institutional membership is open to commercial organizations, industrial laboratories or academic institutes.
Full members are elected by the Council and other corporate members by the Executive Committee. Corporate bodies wishing to become members of the EMS should provide appropriate evidence of their nature and activities. Full members will, as decided by the Council, be divided according to size and resources into four classes having 1, 2, 3, or 4 delegates.
Benefits of EMS membership as a corporate member:
EMS members contribute towards
- strengthening connections across the European community of mathematicians;
- supporting efforts to get backing for mathematics from the European Commission;
- giving visibility to our discipline in society;
- disseminating mathematical research at scientific events, and mathematical literature at fair prices.
They enjoy several concrete benefits including
- 20% discount on books published by the EMS Publishing House and ordered via email@example.com
- 10% discount on journals published by the EMS Publishing House (except Oberwolfach Reports) and ordered via firstname.lastname@example.org
the EMS Newsletter–the quarterly magazine of the Society–for no extra fee
How to join the EMS as a corporate body
Please send an informal application to the EMS secretariat at the following address:
Ms. Elvira Hyvönen / Ms. Erica Runolinna
University of Helsinki
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmink. 2b)
00014 University of Helsinki
Phone: (+358) 2941 51502
Fax: (+358) 2941 51400
As an institutional member, you may pay your fees online.