This website aims in particular to create links between the european mathematical societies whose main goal is the development of general applied and industrial mathematics. We will try to develop those links by exchaging information, exchanging experiences and discussing procedures to enhance the role of mathematics in other sciences and in the european society. Of course, all mathematics societies in Europe deal with applications of mathematics and a list of them can be found at the EMS website. However, the societies which are naturally more concerned about this page are:
- GAMM (Gesellschaft für angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik (International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics), international),
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, UK),
- SEMA (Sociedad Española de Matemática Aplicada, Spain),
- SIMAI (Società Italiana di Matematica Applicata e Industriale, Italy) and
- SMAI (Société de Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles, France).
Moreover, ECMI (European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry) promotes mathematics in industry in the name of several european mathematical institutions and ESMTB(European Society for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology) promotes theoretical approaches and mathematical tools in biology and medicine in a European and wider context.
There is also a certain number of national societies, whose aim is the development of Statistics and its applications such as operational research, which are part of the EMS:
- SBS-BVS (Belgian Statistical Society),
- SFdS (French Statistical Society),
- SEIO (Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research),
- NSF (Norwegian Statistical Association) and