The XXI Lluís Santaló School: Random and Deterministic Point Configurations will take place at the Palacio de la Magdalena in Santander, Spain, from Monday 13 to Friday 17, July 2020.
The School will consist of four courses on the following topics:
- Points on spheres: discrepancy, energy, and beyond by Dmitriy Bilyk (Minnesota University)
- Reproducing kernels and determinantal point processes: completeness and minimality by Alexander Bufetov (CNRS)
- Introduction to determinantal point processes by Mylène Maïda (Université de Lille)
- Fekete points, an overview by Joaquim Ortega-Cerdà (Universitat de Barcelona)
The courses will be complemented by the following invited talks:
- Maria Dostert (EPFL): Mathematical methods for geometric packings
- Ujué Etayo (TU Graz): Astounding connections of the logarithmic energy on the sphere
- Adrien Hardy (Université de Lille): TBA
- Maurizia Rossi (Università di Pisa): Random eigenfunctions on manifolds: a probabilistic overview with an accent on geometry
We are planning to have a special session for short communications by young researchers and an open problem session.