George Boole Mathematical Sciences Conference
As part of the celebrations of Boole’s bicentenary, the George Boole Mathematical Sciences (GBMS) Conference will be held in University College Cork (UCC) during the last two weeks of August 2015.
This event will include more than 100 lectures on selected vibrant areas of modern mathematical research:
- Theme 1: Boole and Beyond in Quantum Information Theory, 17 - 20 Aug 2015
- Theme 2: From Boole's Algebra of Logic to Boolean Algebra, and Beyond, 27 - 28 Aug 2015
- Theme 3: Complex and Boolean Networks, 24 - 26 Aug 2015
- Theme 4: Geometry and Visualization, 26 - 28 Aug 2015
- Theme 5: Harmonic Analysis, 19 - 22 Aug 2015
- Theme 6: Invariants from Moduli Spaces, 24 - 27 Aug 2015
- Theme 7: Mathematical Financial Modelling Post-Crisis, 25 - 28 Aug 2015
- Theme 8: Quantum Probabilistic Symmetries and Quantized Boolean Algebras, 20 - 25 Aug 2015
Also the following events are embedded in and associated with the conference:
- 2015 Annual Meeting of the Irish Mathematical Society (IMS), 27-28 Aug 2015
- Domains XII, 25 - 28 Aug 2015, an international conference aiming at computer scientists and mathematicians alike who share an interest in the mathematical foundations and applications of computation.
- When Boole Meets Shannon, 01 - 02 Sep 2015, an international workshop exploring the mathematical models, algorithms, and techniques fundamentally rooted in Shannon information theory to design reliable, low power Boolean circuits and systems.
The IMS meeting will include the EMS/IMS Boole lecture, "A Primer on Boole's Algebra of Logic," given by Stanley Burris of the University of Waterloo.