EASTWEST 2012: EAST-MEETS-WEST ON INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The East-Meets-West on Innovation and Entrepreneurship Congress and Exhibition will be held during 1-4 September 2012 at the University of Cyprus in Nicosia, Cyprus. The Congress is organized by the European Office of Cyprus and will explore new tools to bring researchers and enterprises together from all over the world. The Congress will serve as a highlight global event for harnessing the potential of entrepreneurship to transfer innovation ideas into products and services.
More than 1000 delegates representing more than 50 countries are expected to attend the event. Cyprus’ prime location supports networking between East and West. Cyprus as a member state of the European Union will hold the EU Presidency during the second six months of 2012.
Networking sessions, will involve key players who wish to network and develop partnerships. Several sessions will run parallel on different scientific fields as well as innovative services. An innovation exhibition with a number of communication events is expected to host the main stakeholders of the research world and entrepreneurs from all over the world.
The main objective of the conference is to promote cross-national collaboration between East and West as a tool to overcome national limitations on knowledge, financial resources, technology and services.
More specifically, the congress aims to:
1. Improve links between scientific and business communities,
2. Promote private sector investment in science, innovation and enterprise development,
3. Encourage SMEs and scientists to exploit global knowledge resources and, Increase innovation financing mechanisms.
For this reason, the congress will trigger discussions on innovative policy tools and
measures to build the necessary human capital, infrastructure and financial instruments to create and facilitate international collaborations.
The Congress and Exhibition will offer:
1. Round tables meetings where delegates will have the opportunities to discuss
issues and draw conclusions on innovation and entrepreneurship.
2. Sessions with international key note speakers giving the latest insights on
innovation and entrepreneurship, policy and priorities.
3. Exhibition of innovative research outcomes, products and services, employment
and career guidance services.