ESMTB-EMS Summer School : The Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evolution 2012
Topics and lecturers
* Population genetics of speciation: Sergey Gavrilets (University of Tennessee)
* Multilocus models of speciation: Nick Barton (IST Austria)
* The role of sexual selection in speciation: Sander van Doorn (University of Bern)
* The ecology of speciation: Eva Kisdi (University of Helsinki)
* Theory and empirical speciation research: Daniel Bolnick (University of Texas)
The school will be a week of high-speed, concentrated effort where most of the time is allocated to lectures. Group discussions of working papers and round-table discussions will foster informal interactions between students and lecturers. At the beginning of the school, all students will introduce themselves briefly to help people of similar interests to find one another and engage in informal discussions.
The school will host a guest lecture by Prof. Anneli Hoikkala on empirical speciation research conducted at the University of Jyväskylä (Finland).