ULTRAMATH 2020 - Ultrafilters and Ultraproducts Across Mathematics and Related Topics
Ultrafilters and Ultraproducts Across Mathematics and Related Topics
May 31 - June 6, 2020, Pisa, Italy
We are happy to announce the upcoming event "ULTRAMATH 2020 - Ultrafilters and Ultraproducts Across Mathematics and Related Topics", that will be held in Pisa (Italy) from May 31st to June 6th 2020.
The international Conference "ULTRAMATH 2020” aims to present recent results in the whole spectrum of mathematics which are grounded on the use of ultrafilters and ultraproducts.
Its main goals:
• Disseminate information about the various techniques related to the use of ultrafilters and ultraproducts, and their potential to attack open problems.
• Bring together researchers with different backgrounds, and encourage their collaborations and interactions, especially on topics connecting different areas of mathematics.
The covered topics of UltraMath 2020 include (but are not limited to):
• Additive and Combinatorial Number Theory.
• Combinatorics and Ramsey Theory.
• Algebra and Geometry.
• General Topology.
• Measure Theory.
• Ergodic Theory and Dynamics.
• Functional Analysis and Metric Spaces.
• Nonstandard Analysis and Model Theory.
• Generalized Spaces and Differential Equations.
• Set Theory.
Greater prominence will be given to those results that satisfy (most of) the following conditions:
• The results can be formulated and presented in non-specialist terms, and be in principle understandable by any practicing mathematician.
• The usage of ultrafilters/ultraproducts is important (or even essential) in obtaining these results.
• The results connect different areas of mathematics.
• The results reveal new facets of known important topics.
This is the second edition of “UltraMath”, after the one held in Pisa in 2008: http://people.dm.unipi.it/ultramath.
Vitaly Bergelson (Ohio State University, USA)
Andreas Blass (University of Michigan, USA)
Mauro Di Nasso (Università di Pisa, Italia)
Renling Jin (College of Charleston, USA)
Mauro Di Nasso (Università di Pisa, Italia) – chair
Lorenzo Luperi Baglini (Università di Milano, Italia)
LIST OF INVITED SPEAKERS
Vieri Benci — Università di Pisa, Italia
Vitaly Bergelson — Ohio State University, USA
Andreas Blass — University of Michigan Ann Arbor, USA
Artem Chernikov — University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
Natasha Dobrinen — University of Denver, USA
Cornelia Druţu — University of Oxford, UK
Victoria Gitman — City University of New York (CUNY), USA
Isaac Goldbring — University of California Irvine (UCI), USA
C. Ward Henson – University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
Neil Hindman — Howard University, USA
Michael Hrušák — Universidad Nacional Autónoma, México
Renling Jin — College of Charleston, USA
Steven Leth — University of Northern Colorado, USA
Martino Lupini — Victoria University, New Zealand
Joel Moreira — University of Warwick, UK
Jaroslav Nešetřil — Charles University Praha, Czech Republic
Florian Richter – Northwestern University, USA
David A. Ross — University of Hawaii, USA
Sławomir Solecki — Cornell University, USA
Dona Strauss — University of Hull, UK
Simon Thomas — Rutgers University, USA
Stevo Todorcevic — Univ. of Toronto, Canada and Univ. Paris Diderot, France
There will be a call for contributed papers. Moreover, depending on the funds available, participation of young researchers and researchers from disadvantages areas will be supported.
You can preregister by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and institution.
Updated information about UltraMath 2020 will be posted on the website: http://people.dm.unipi.it/ultramath2020/.
Those who need more information, can contact the organizers at: email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Pisa!