The meeting aims at bringing together leading experts working in numerical analysis of differential equations and related areas. It is composed of five sessions. Each session of the workshop is organized around a specific topic which has attracted a great deal of current research. The background and current status of each field is introduced in a plenary talk by a leading expert. The list of topics includes the followings fields and plenary speakers:
• Geometric Numerical Integration - Jesús Sanz-Serna (Valladolid)
• Highly Oscillatory Problems - Arieh Iserles (Cambridge)
• Discrete Mechanics and Control Theory - David Martín de Diego (ICMAT-CSIC)
• Splitting Methods and Time Integration of PDEs - Christian Lubich (Tübingen)
• Algebraic Structures in Numerical Integration - Hans Munthe-Kaas (Bergen)
Each session includes several research talks, where recent progress in the field is reported. In addition, discussion roundtables will take place in the afternoons, which are of specific importance, as they shall give researchers from all subjects a platform to discuss common problems, current open questions, as well as future perspectives of each subject.