- The Applicant must hold a PhD and work in areas of pure or applied mathematics or statistics
- The Applicant must be based (e.g. place of work/study) in Africa
- The Applicant must be employed as a faculty member of a university or an equivalent institution
- The Applicant must have already established contact with a mathematician in the host institution and should have a definite research plan at the time of application
- Minimal length of the visit should be one month
- The Applicant should have been granted appropriate leave of absence from his/her institution for the period of the visit
- The Host institution must have agreed to provide working space and access to necessary facilities to work (e.g. internet, library)
- The Host institution must have agreed to partially support the research visit: e.g. local living expenses, accommodation.
To see the form and send the application, please login or register to your EMS account.
To apply, first fill in the necessary information in the fields below an upload the necessary files in pdf format.