A2. Collaborative research visits: PhD Development
- The Applicant must hold a Master degree or equivalent and be enrolled in a PhD program in areas of pure or applied mathematics or statistics
- The Applicant must be based (e.g. place of work/study) in Africa
- The Applicant must have already established contact with a mathematician in the host institution and should have a definite research plan at the time of application
- The research visit should be at least of one month long. A typical visit is of three month.
- The Applicant should have been granted appropriate leave of absence from his/her institution for the period of the visit
- The Host institution must have agreed to provide working space and access to necessary facilities to work (e.g. internet, library)
- The Host institution must have agreed to partially support the research visit: e.g. local living expenses, accommodation.
To see the form and send the application, please login or register to your EMS account.
To apply, first fill in the necessary information in the fields below an upload the necessary files in pdf format.