4 Postdoctoral Fellowships: Harmonic Analysis & PDEs, CFD & Cloud HPC, Mathematical Modelling in Biosciences and Fluid Mechanics
BCAM offers four postdoctoral positions in the following research areas:
• Harmonic Analysis and Differential Equations: Postdoctoral position in the ERC Advanced grant “HADE - Harmonic Analysis and Differential Equations: New Challenges”. This project seeks to propose new challenges and develop original analytical tools that, if carried out, would entail significant progress on three different aspects of some fundamental Partial Differential Equations of Mathematical Physics:
o Vortex Filament Equation (VFE)
o Relativistic and Non-relativistic Critical Electromagnetic Hamiltonians
o Uncertainty Principles and Applications
• CFD Computational Technology: Cloud HPC: Postdoctoral position in the project MSO4SC (Mathematical Modelling, Simulation and Optimization for Societal Challenges with Scientific Computing). The role of our team will be interfacing our FEniCS-HPC framework and supercomputer applications in turbulent flow to the HPC cloud infrastructure developed together in the project consortium.
• Mathematical Modelling in Biosciences: The objective of the group is building bridges between mathematics and other Life Science disciplines. In particular, we are interested in both applications and methodology, in order to devise reliable predictive tools for biomedical applications, disease ecology, and conservation biology. This postdoctoral position deals with patient-specific numerical simulation, computational inverse problems and/or uncertainty quantification for biomedical applications. The research activity will be conducted in collaboration with hospitals.
• Fluid Mechanics: In the framework of the Applied Analysis research line whose research is concerned with the analytical study of physically motivated systems of partial differential equations, the postdoctoral position will deal with Mathematical Fluid Mechanics and Applied Analysis.
The conditions of the offer are the following:
• 2 year contract
• 100% dedication
• The gross annual salary of the Fellowships will be 28.000 - 30.000€. There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come from a research institution outside the Basque Country from EUR 1.000 to EUR 2.000 gross. Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is provided to all employees.
• New Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to join BCAM by the beginning of 2017.
• Promising young researchers.
• Applicants must have their PhD completed before the end of 2016.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers with different background.
• Ability to clearly present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
• Good command of spoken and written English.