6 years Postdoc in Algebra
GZ A 0178/1-2018
Open position “Postdoc”
The Paris Lodron-University Salzburg is inviting applications for a scientific collaborator (post doc) within the Department of Mathematics in the Faculty of Natural Sciences. The employment will be full-time and limited to 6 years, with the following possibility of an open-ended employment contract in case of meeting the necessary requirements of a habilitation. The monthly salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3.711,10 gross (14x / year).
• Envisaged job starting date: March 1, 2019
• Hours per week: 40
• Working time by arrangement
• Areas of responsibility: own scientific research and teaching, scientific support in the research and teaching program and involvement in the administrative duties in the field algebra of the working group discrete mathematics and the department; teaching responsibilities totaling four hours per week during each semester; it will be possible to work on the habilitation. Finishing the habilitation within the six years leads to an open-ended employment contract.
• General requirements: the position requires a doctoral degree in mathematics; outstanding research achievements documented by publications in the field of algebra (preferably in arithmetic algebraic geometry and/or computer algebra with connections to the research topics investigated in the working group discrete mathematics resp. at the department
• Preferred additional qualifications: experience abroad; practical experience in teaching; ideally experiences in allocating externally funded projects; willingness to fulfill administrative duties
• Personal qualities: reliability, precision, strong team working skills, commitment, goal orientation, high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching and research
• The application has to be submitted electronically and has to address additionally to the usual documents:
a) description of the scientific achievements;
b) description of the teaching experiences and the courses given (if applicable, also the students supervised);
c) research plan, teaching statement, and concept for the scientific profile of the department;
d) thoughts on transfer of knowledge and on science management;
e) description of social and other competences
Further information can be obtained by calling +43/662/8044-5301.
Application deadline: December 11, 2018
The Paris Lodron-University of Salzburg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged and will be preferentially considered if equally qualified.
Qualified people with any impairment or with chronic diseases are explicitly encouraged to apply. For information call +43/662/8044-2465 or write an email to email@example.com.
Please note that any expenses (traveling, accommodation, etc.) associated with the interview and acceptance process cannot be reimbursed.
Please send your application, including the usual documents, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note the reference number on your application.