Advanced Course on Introduction to Python
This is a Python scratch course for data management. Attendants are assumed to have a basic knowledge of other imperative programming languages (R, C or C++ and alike). The (temptative) topics covered in this course are:
- Basic language structures: alternative, iterative. Expression evaluation.
- Python datastructures: lists and dictionaries.
- Functions and modules.
- Mathematical libraries: numpy/scipy.
- Input/Output: files and serialization.
- Basic tools for parallel programming.
This is a hands-on course: attendants are supposed to spend most of the time programming. Moreover, attendants are encouraged to propose current programming projects in which they are or will be involved, in order to be commented and implemented during the class time.
Lecturer: Jaume Baixeries, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya