A Ph.D. student position is available at the University of Hagen in the framework of the DFG-funded project "Analysis on Networks - Encounters of Mathematical Physics, Discrete Mathematics, and Theoretical Computer Science".
Your duties include:
- Studying spectra of operators on graphs;
- Analyzing evolution equations on networks;
- Possibly performing numerical simulations.
- M. Sc. in mathematics or theoretical physics.
- Strong operator-theoretical background is a must.
- Experience with analysis on graphs and quantum graphs is a plus.
Further information can be found in attached pdf. Salary depends on German regulations and starts at approx. 1700€/month.