BGSMath Doctoral open call 2016-2019
The ItalicizedBarcelona Graduate School of MathematicsItalicized opens a call for 4 Ph.D. three-year positions in all areas of mathematics and its applications.
Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent at the time of incorporation. In order to be eligible, a letter is required from a member of the BGSMath Faculty expressing a decided interest in acting as supervisor of the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis.
Successful candidates will have to register at one the Ph.D. programs associated to BGSMath and will become part of the research group of the corresponding supervisor. The annual gross salary is 16.400 euros. Medical insurance and tuition fees for the Ph.D. program are included.
This call is funded through the María de Maeztu Excellence Program of the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. The BGSMath is strongly committed to the career development of female mathematicians and therefore strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications must be submitted online before May 13th, 3PM, Barcelona time.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
- Letter containing a brief account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying to the position.
- Letter of Expression of Interest from a member of the BGSMath Faculty.
- Full transcripts and diplomas showing completion of the bachelor’s and master’s degrees. If the master’s degree is not yet completed, the expected date of completion must be indicated as well as a partial transcript if available.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Name, affiliation and email of a member of an academic institution able to provide a letter of reference for the candidate.
- All the documentation must be uploaded in the online application system in a single PDF file: http://www.bgsmath.cat/online-application-doc2016/
Applications not fulfilling this requirement will not be considered.