Co-ordinator for the TUM Data Innovation LAB
Within the Faculty for Mathematics at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) there is an opening for a Co-ordinator for the TUM Data Innovation LAB (TUM-DI-LAB) Full-time (100%), for two years, supported by the programme „TUM: Agenda Lehre“ (TUM Teaching Agenda).
Duties and responsibilities: the co-ordinator works independently and is responsible for the establishment and running of the TUM Data Innovation Lab for students. The duties include:
- Identification and selection of academically interesting, challenging projects and issues within the TUM and/or in co-operation with innovative companies
- Recruiting of students and mentors, as well as recruitment of the members of the project-team for summer internships
- Close collaboration with the faculty’s internal department for internationalisation and co-ordination of the annual meeting of the ERASMUS+ Strategic Partnership "Higher EuroTech Academy of Data Science"
- Collaboration with „UnternehmerTUM“ (Center for Innovation and Business Creation) and the European Venture Programme for the support of outstanding projects
- Communication of the project’s results, also in co-operation with the TUM Corporate Communications Center (CCC)
- Participation in the teaching of the faculty (e.g. tutorials and central classes).
Profile: The candidate has either a doctoral degree in the subjects Mathematics or Informatics or is highly qualified due to at least 3 years of research work in one of the named areas at a university or similar institution. International experience in research is appreciated. Experience in project management and networking are essential. The candidate should have strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, the ability to work in a conceptional and structured manner, both independently and in a team. Very good German and English languages skills, both verbal and written, and a confident, engaging personality round off the candidate’s profile.
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a modern, forward-thinking university. In the case of fulfilment of the above requirements, the position is paid according to the Civil Service rates of the German States “TV-L”, E13. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
Candidates should send comprehensive application documents including a letter of motivation, C.V., and copies of all relevant examination certificates in a single pdf file via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “AZ: MA2016-04” in the subject line.
Application deadline: September 12, 2016.