Full Professor High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing is an important field where a bridge is formed between applied mathematics and computational science to investigate and develop new numerical algorithms, which can be used within the Modelling, Simulation and Optimisation (MSO) domain and can be efficiently implemented on modern and emerging parallel hardware.
DIAM is looking for a full professor in the field of High Performance Computing, with emphasis on its numerical analysis aspects and foundations. The professor will
1. strengthen, and complement the research in High Performance Computing already present within several sections (mathematical physics, optimisation, and numerical analysis), making it more visible and strengthen it in the direction of applied mathematics and computational science foundations.
2. further develop of the field of High Performance Computing within TU Delft, together with the people already involved in education and research in High Performance Computing and related subjects.
The professor will be responsible for coordinating and improving the present offer of courses in the field of High Performance Computing, at all levels. S/he is also expected to develop new courses and to make High Performance Computing teaching even more visible and successful. This will be done together with the other DIAM members working in this field, and in coordination with other chairs, departments and faculties. The start of the Delft High Performance Computer (spring 2021) will create new opportunities for teaching and research have to be developed.
Possibly, the professor will also contribute to MasterMath, proposing courses at the national level, and promoting the creation of new teaching lines in the field of high performance computing for math students nationwide.
New initiatives in teaching with other departments and Delft Extension School are also desirable.
Finally, the professor will actively participate in the supervision of Applied Mathematics students during their Bachelor and Master and PhD projects.
• Excellent research track record in high performance computing with a clear connection to numerical analysis. A completed PhD in numerical analysis, high performance computing, or a related field.
• Strong educational track record, with experience in designing and teaching courses related to high performance computing and applied mathematics.
• Experience as advisor of students at all levels, from Bachelor to PhD.
• Excellent track record in acquiring external research funding, at national and international levels.
• Ability and willingness to further develop high performance computing research and education within TU Delft, building upon the existing lines within DIAM and EEMCS, cooperating with and coordinating the people already involved in the field, and developing the collaboration with other groups within and outside TU Delft
• Active outgoing attitude towards industry and applied research groups to start joint projects. Provable connections with engineering and industries represent a plus.
• Strong team management skills and willingness to contribute to the management of university committees and institutes.
Within DIAM, there are various organizational tasks that should be fulfilled by full professors. Section chair, department chair, chair of the committee of exams, etc. The full professor will also be considered for these types of tasks over time. The professor is also expected to actively take part in important TU Delft initiatives, depending on her/his own main interest.
Conditions of employment
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. We expect you to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within three years if you have less than five years of teaching experience. This is provided by the TU Delft UTQ programme.
TU Delft sets high standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. If you do not speak Dutch, we offer courses to learn the Dutch language.
For more information about this position please go to: https://www.tudelft.nl/over-tu-delft/werken-bij-tu-delft/vacatures/details/?jobId=541