Funded PhD or PostDoc POSITIONS IN MEDICAL STATISTICS
Information about the research project
The positions are funded by the EU-IMI project PEARL. The objective of the project is to develop innovative statistical methods for the design and analysis of clinical platform trials. This includes the development of methods for statistical inference (frequentist/Bayesian), optimized adaptive designs and the implementation in statistical software such as R. The researchers will be supervised by Franz König and Martin Posch. Further project collaborators include other staff members as well as international partners in the EU consortium from European universities, regulatory authorities and industry partners.
Information on the department
The researchers will be integrated in the working group “Adaptive Designs” at the Section of Medical Statistics. The department is part of the Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems (CeMSIIS) at the Medical University of Vienna. The department has a long-standing research tradition with an outstanding track record in methodological, biostatistical research including areas as adaptive designs, multiple testing and data science.
Qualifications required for the PhD/PostDoc positions
• strong background in statistics, mathematics or a related field,
• interest to develop innovative statistical methods,
• programming skills, e.g., in statistical software such as R or SAS,
• oral and written communication skills in English (knowledge of German is not required),
• willingness to collaborate across scientific and geographic borders.
Applications should be sent per email to firstname.lastname@example.org until October 15 or until the positions are filled including (all documents as PDF):
• Personal letter: 1-3 pages where you introduce yourself, present your qualifications, previous research fields, main research results, future research plans and the motivation for your application.
• Copies of bachelor, master or PhD thesis.
• Copies of completed education, grades and other certificates
• Two references that we can contact.
Info on salary / PhD studies
• The PhD/PostDoc salaries will be in line with the guideline of the Austrian science fund. The MUW is an equal opportunity employer.
• PhD program “Medical Informatics, Biostatistics & Complex Systems” and admission at MUW
For further information see