IC2020_05_Research technician in Machine Learning
In the framework of the BCAM “Maths & Artificial Intelligence” strategy, a series of projects in this field have been launched in different areas of Applied Mathematics.
• Promising young researchers.
• Applicants must have their MsC preferable in Computer Science or related fields.
Skills and track-record:
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
• Ability to present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Strong background in Machine Learning.
• Demonstrated knowledge in image processing techniques and deep learning
• Good programming skills in Python, R
• Research experience in interdisciplinary applications, such as the health sector.
Letter of interest
Statement of past and proposed future research (2-3 pages)
Based on the provided application documents of each candidate, the evaluation committee will evaluate qualitatively: the adaption of the previous training and career to the profile offered, the recommendation letters, the main results achieved (papers, proceedings, etc.), the statement of past and proposed future research and other merits; taking in account the alignment of these items to the topic offered.