In the framework of the BCAM “Maths & Artificial Intelligence” strategy, a series of projects in this field will be launched in different areas of Applied Mathematics. This project is titled “Machine learning for COVID-19 predictions” and deals with the development of supervised classification techniques that use electronic health records to predict evolution of COVID-19 infections.
• Promising young researchers.
• Applicants must have their Bachelor’s or Master degree preferable in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
Skills and track-record:
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
• Ability to present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
Scientific Profile. The preferred candidate will have:
• Strong background in numerical computing and data processing
• Demonstrated knowledge in machine learning techniques.
• Good programming skills in Python or Matlab.