IC2020_07_Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Mathematics
• Promising young researchers.
• Applicants must have their PhD completed before 31.08.2020. PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, or related area.
Skills and track-record:
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers with different background.
• Ability to clearly present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
• Skilled in one of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Python.
• High level of spoken and written English.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
The researcher will work on an applied research project, that deals with manufacturing of complex curved objects. Possible research topics include, but are not limited to: path planning algorithms for 5-axis computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining and contact-based inspection, free-form surface rationalization, and tool-shape design and optimization. Previous experience in geometric modeling projects is particularly welcome.