Seeking highly motivated doctoral candidates to carry out research at the intersection of geometry/mesh processing, numerical optimization, and high performance computing. In particular, the focus is on devising scalable data representations and algorithmic solutions which are suitable for modern high performance computing environments.
The successful candidate will have
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
• Good programming skills and experience in at least one of these subjects: numerical optimization, ordinary/partial differential equations, high performance computing.
• Solid academic record and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with simulation techniques (e.g. meshing, finite element method) and/or parallel/GPU programming is additional advantage.
Please send in:
• C.V. and transcripts
• Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
• If available, TOEFL scores, or equivalent record of English proficiency
The positions are open until filled.
Terms of employment:
Positions are funded PhD positions at the MPII. Successful applicants are offered a unique opportunity to develop a strong research career in a highly stimulating and international scientific environment. To get a glimpse of the working environment, please check the MPII website (https://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de).
The working language is English. German language courses are also available for foreign students.
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik Phone: +49 681 9325 4005
Campus E1 4, Room 205 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany