Open PhD Positions
The high performance geometry-processing group is seeking highly motivated doctoral candidates to carry out research at the intersection of mesh processing, numerical optimization, and high performance computing. The aim of this research effort is to rethink solution development with parallelism built-in from the ground up. This involves devising scalable and complimentary data representations, numerical kernels, and algorithmic solutions, which are suitable for modern high performance computing environments.
The successful candidate will have
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
• Good programming skills and experience in at least one of these subjects: numerical optimization, ordinary/partial differential equations, high performance computing, computer graphics.
• Solid academic record and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with simulation techniques (e.g. meshing, finite element method) and/or parallel/GPU programming is an advantage.
Please send in:
• C.V. and transcripts
• Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
• If available, TOEFL scores, or equivalent record of English proficiency
The positions are open until filled.
Terms of employment:
Positions are funded PhD positions at the MPII. Successful applicants are offered a unique opportunity to develop a strong research career in a highly stimulating and international scientific environment.
To get a glimpse of the working environment, please check the MPII website (https://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de).
The working language is English. German language courses are also available for foreign students.
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik Phone: +49 681 9325 4005
Campus E1 4 Email: email@example.com
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany