PhD Fellowships INPhINT 2018 "LaCaixa" 11 PhD project thesis at BCAM
La Caixa foundation has published the call for 57 PhD fellowships in the framework of the "INPhINIT" program. The deadline is February 1st, 2018. INPhINIT targets the most motivated PhD candidates by addressing the research areas in which Spain excels: Bio and Health Sciences, Technology, Physics, Engineering and Mathematics. INPhINIT recruits per call 57 Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality, who enjoy a 3-year employment contract.
BCAM – Basque Center for Applied Mathematics http://www.bcamath.org, is a "Severo Ochoa" Centre and Host Institution in INPhINIT call. BCAM mission is to develop high quality interdisciplinary research in the frontiers of Applied Mathematics.
• Applied Analysis, A.Zarnescu, Mathematical Design of Complex Materials
• Applied Statistics, D.J. Lee, Sparse array regression and variable selection in high-dimensional problems
• Applied Statistics, M.X. Rodríguez, Statistical modelling of high-throughput phenotypic data in plant breeding
• Mathematical Neuroscience, S. Rodrigues, Controlling Neurons in Real-Time
• Mathematical Neuroscience, S. Rodrigues, Modelling and Unravelling Complex Neuron Communication
• Machine Learning, J.A. Lozano, Rare event prediction with machine learning methods
• Heuristic Optimization, J.A. Lozano, Estimation of Distribution Algorithms for Combinatorial Optimization Problems with Constraints
• Machine Learning, J.A. Lozano, Data mining of stream time series
• Computational Mathematics, D. Pardo, Multi-scale Refined Isogeometric Analysis (rIGA) for the Efficient Simulation of Elasto-acoustic Properties of Porous Rocks
• Computational Mathematics, M. Barton, Efficient Flank Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machining with Generally-Curved Milling Tools
• Statistical Physics, G. Pagnini, Wildfire Propagation Modelling