PhD Mathematical Statistics
The Mathematical Institute of Leiden University invites applicants for a
> PhD position in Mathematical Statistics
employed full time (4 years). The position comes with light teaching duties.
Possible areas for the research project are:
- high-dimensional dependence models,
- time series,
- nonparametric statistics and machine learning,
- functional data analysis.
The optimal candidate has
- a strong background in mathematics,
- a creative and curious mind,
- excellent English communication and writing skills,
- programming experience in R or Python (knowledge of C++ is a bonus).
Leiden University hosts a large group for Statistical Science with world-class researchers in both theoretical and applied statistics. The student will become part of a vibrant research environment with numerous cross-disciplinary seminars and reading groups.
Applicants are encouraged to send their applications as early as possible; the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are especially welcome.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV, transcripts, and (optionally) a completed thesis or paper to email@example.com.