PhD in (mathematical) time series analysis
We are looking for a strong candidate to pursue a PhD in (mathematical) time series analysis at the University of Greifswald in the group of Prof. Dr. Joscha Diehl. The project involves joint collaboration with the group of Prof. Dr. Kurusch Ebrahimi-Fard (NTNU, Norway) as well as with researchers from the Greifswald Medical School. The position is for 3 years and involves 2 hours of teaching per week during the semester (SWS). Even though the main topic of the thesis will be quite applied, with a fitting candidate, a strong algebraic component is possible.
• a Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science
• an enthusiasm to work with real-life data
• an interest in time series analysis from a theoretical perspective
• ﬂuency in the English language
• programming experience (python, R, ..)
• knowledge of statistics
• knowledge of algebra (commutative, noncommutative, representation theory, ..) For the complete announcement, please visit https://diehlj.github.io.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is February 28th, 2020.