PhD position in Analysis
Faculty of mathematics and physics of the University of Ljubljana invites students to apply for a PhD position within the research program «Analysis and Geometry» at the University of Ljubljana.
More about the doctoral programme at the University of Ljubljana can be found on the web page http://phd.fmf.uni-lj.si/.
Starting date: 1st October 2019.
Duration of the contract: 4 years (financed by Slovenian Research Agency).
- Master's degree of mathematics completed before 12 September 2019
- solid background and strong interest in analysis. Familiarity with one one of the following areas is an advantage: spectral theory of operators in Hilbert spaces, harmonic and complex analysis.
- fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The application should include:
- letter of interest
- transcript of records
- a copy of master's thesis
- two recommendation letters (one from a supervisor and one from a university member that is able to give fair assessment of candidate's knowledge and strengths in this area).
All documents should be sent directly to Aleksey Kostenko (email@example.com).
The call can be found here https://www.uni-lj.si/study/young-reseachers/