PhD position in Analysis
Institute of Mathematics, physics and mechanics, Ljubljana, invites students to apply for a PhD position within the research program «Analysis and Geometry». More about the doctoral programme at the University of Ljubljana can be found on the web page http://phd.fmf.uni-lj.si/.
Starting date: 1st October 2019.
Duration of the contract: 4 years (financed by Slovenian Research Agency).
- Master's degree of mathematics completed before 12 September 2019
- solid background and strong interest in analysis. Familiarity with one one of the following areas is an advantage: several complex variables, CR geometry, minimal surface theory, harmonic analysis.
- fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The application should include:
- letter of interest
- transcript of records
- a copy of master's thesis
- two recommendation letters (one from a supervisor and one from a university member that is able to give fair assessment of candidate's knowledge and strengths in this area).
All documents should be sent to Barbara Drinovec Drnovšek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The official call will be published on http://www.imfm.si on June 14th and it will be open until July 12th.