PhD position in the doctoral programme VIENNA GRADUATE SCHOOL ON COMPUTATIONAL OPTIMIZATION
The Vienna Graduate School in Computational Optimization offers Pre-Doc contracts for PhD candidates in different areas of optimization such as Combinatorial Optimization, Global Optimization, Heuristic Optimization, Nonlinear Optimization, Stochastic Optimization, Dynamic Optimization, Algorithmic Game Theory, Optimization for intelligent Data Analysis, Nonsmooth Optimization.
The doctoral program is a joint initiative between the University of Vienna, the TU Wien and the Austrian Institute of Science and Technology. Candidates must follow the rules for PhD studies at one of the aforementioned institutions and participate in the joint teaching and research program.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
For a successful application, the following conditions are required:
- The applicant must have a master degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or in a related field with a strong mathematical background.
- The diploma thesis and other publications have to be sent in.
- A minimum of two recommendation letters is mandatory.
- Fluency in the English language has to be proven.
- A motivation letter should express the candidate‘s visions and expectations, the area of interest and a possible supervisor, see faculty members.
- For a possible interview, the skype address should be provided.
The contract duration is 3 years, extendable to 3,5 years if the candidate stays one semester abroad (outside of Austria). The gross salary is EUR 35.900 per annum. The deadline for application is May 31, 2016. The program starts on October 1, 2016.
As part of the university we pursue a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at). The university lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.