PhD position: Formal methods in control (Munich, Germany)
We invite applications for a doctoral researcher position in the field of formal methods in control. The successful candidate is
expected to advance theory of as well as computational methods for abstraction-based controller synthesis, to a degree that facilitates routine, fully automated, practical application of the approach to nonlinear continuous-state plants and complex specifications. The focus is on synthesis algorithms that are both efficient and formally correct.
The project involves theoretical work, algorithm and software development, and, on a small scale, experimental work. There is no
teaching requirement and no coursework to be completed. Competitive salary is offered according to the tariff ``TVOeD Bund, E 13''.
* MSc degree (or equivalent, giving access to doctoral studies) in
Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related
field. Students about to complete their MSc will also be considered.
* Excellent academic record, showing a strong theoretical/mathematical
background and a strong interest in dynamical systems.
* Proficiency in programming (C or Ada/SPARK).
* Excellent communication skills in English (CEFR level C1).
In addition, experience in one of the following fields would be a plus: Set-valued or validated numerics; dynamic programming;
formal methods in control; reactive synthesis; professional-grade software development.
Your complete application consists of the following documents, which should be sent as a single PDF file to the email address given below (deadline: Feb 15, 2016):
* CV with photo
* One-page cover letter (clearly indicating available start date as
well as relevant qualifications, experience and motivation)
* University certificates and transcripts (both BSc and MSc degrees)
* Contact details of up to three referees
* Possibly an English language certificate and a list of publications
All documents should be in English, with the exception of university certificates and transcripts, which may also be in German. The
position is open to applicants worldwide; no special security clearance necessary.
Priv.-Doz. Dr. habil. Gunther Reissig
Email: email@example.com, Subject: PhD ref 10C7