PhD position in Number Theory, University of Basel (4 years)
There's an opening for a Ph.D. position in the number theory group at the University of Basel. The position is supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation grant "Diophantine Equations: Special Points, Integrality, and Beyond" (Nr. 200020_184623). The successful applicant is expected to work on this project for a duration of up-to four years. The position involves teaching, which can be in English in the beginning.
- Prefered starting date: October 1st, 2019
- Requirements: Master (or equivalent degree) in mathematics with a strong background in number theory and algebraic geometry. Applicants who expect to finish their degree in Mathematics in the coming months are also invited to apply.
- Keywords: diophantine and arithmetic geometry, height functions, unlikely intersections, o-minimal structures
- Deadline for applications: May 31st, 2019
Applicants are asked to submit
- a CV,
- copies of transcripts,
- a copy or summary of the Master thesis (or equivalent),
- and the names and email addresses of two potential referees
directly to Philipp Habegger by email.