PhD student positions in mathematics
At the division of mathematics there are many internationally successful mathematicians in a wide variety of research areas such as algebraic geometry, number theory, algebra and representation theory, harmonic analysis and partial differential equations, computational mathematics and optimization, probability and discrete mathematics, complex analysis, functional analysis, kinetic theory and biomathematics. We are now looking for doctoral students in mathematics, including (but not limited to) in particular
1. one in ergodic theory/harmonic analysis (http://www.math.chalmers.se/~micbjo), position at Chalmers
2. one in discrete probability (http://www.math.chalmers.se/~wastlund), position at Chalmers
3. one in computational mathematics with a focus on analysis and implementation of advanced finite element methods (http://www.math.chalmers.se/~logg/phd-2014), position at Chalmers
4. one in applied mathematics with a focus on developing and analysing models for tumour growth (http://www.math.chalmers.se/~gerlee/phdposition.html) , position at Chalmers
5. one in mathematical biology/systems biology (http://bioinformatics.math.chalmers.se/marijacvijovic/opportunities.html) , positions at the University of Gothenburg
6. for other (at most three) positions all research areas will be considered, positions at the University of Gothenburg
As a PhD student you will be part of an international research environment while you expand your knowledge of the field and write your thesis. This gives opportunities for many inspiring conversations, a lot of autonomous work and some travel. You are expected to develop your own ideas and communicate scientific results orally as well as in written form. In addition, the position will normally include 20 % departmental work, mostly teaching duties.
The position is limited to a maximum of five years.
For more information and application procedure, see web page http://www.chalmers.se/en/about-chalmers/vacancies/Pages/default.aspx?rmpage=job&rmjob=2753